On Thursday, December 23, the president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Emeka Rollas announced the demise of veteran Nollywood thespian, Sam Obiago.
Sam Obiago popularly known as Daddy Sam died of an undisclosed ailment. He has now joined the elongating list of celebrities who have died in 2021.
Since the announcement of his demise, Obiago’s colleagues have taken to their respective social media accounts to pay tribute to the legend.
Here are five pivotal facts that you need to know about the actor who featured in over a hundred movies.
1. Sam Obiago was born on 25 September 1969.
2. Sam Obiago attended St. Gregory’s College, Lagos before studying Mass Communications at IMT Enugu. He obtained his Masters degree in Business Administration at Federal University of Tech-nology Akure (FUTA).
3. Prior to making his debut in the movie industry in the 2000s, Obiago had a career in the banking sector. He was the managing director and CEO of FINcraft.
4. The Nollywood icon is survived by his wife and two sons. His sons, Dilim Boluwatife Obiago and Shalom C Obiago are studying at University of Pennsylvania.
5. In November 2020, Obiago was voted the most Reliable Veteran at the Nollywood Golden Awards. He was famous for his roles as Kings in his movies.
Do you find 042Jam useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
No one has commented yet. Be the first!